Childcare- building trust towards teacher in looking after our children in their care

My 18 months boy been crying whenever i send/fetch him to school. On a few occasions...teacher would feedback to me saying that he refuse to eat the food served at school. So i was thinking maybe he prefer home cooked meals..so i packed some and informed teacher. But same thing as per feedback by teachers- he refused to eat. Surprisingly, when at home, he got no issue. Can ask for a second serving of porridge and snacks too. So my question is how do teachers feed the LO who requires supervision in mealtimes. Do they even bother to coax LO? #worried#firsttime#childcare

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

hi. is it the first time he attend childcare? maybe he needs time to settle down. teachers usually wont force the child if they dont want to eat. and yes teachers will give a second serving of foods. just give your LO some time to settle down. dont worry so much. as my school this child took almost half a year to settle down. just be consistent to send your LO to school.

Read more