My 11mths old baby keep falling sick every month, having high fever that will persist 5-7days. Could it be due to teething or is there anything I should be concern of? Thanks for ur precious feedback in advance.

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Is your baby in infant care or is someone else in the family sick every month? When fever takes so long to heal it is usually viral fever. Have you consulted a PD on the possible reasons? Kids all go through a phase whereby they fall sick regularly especially when they start preschool. Does your baby sleep in air con room? And do you feed baby heaty food like snacks or toasted foods often? I heard that to boost baby immunity before 1yo you can give colostrum. After 1yo you can give sambucol

Read more

I agreee with the post above that those are some point that you can check on. If its due to teething, then you should be seeing the teeth emerge yar? Also check the general hygiene and if baby is in contact with other children/sibling - they could be bringing the germs back too even if they themselves did not fall sick. Give baby more water and more rest when sick and i would choose to feed fruis or veg with more vitamin like broccoli

Read more