1 month old not sleeping after 3/4am feeds

Hi! My 1 month old baby tends to be wide awake and not sleep after 3/4am feeds. Any tips? Read online that we can’t sleep train 1 mo baby yet.

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

hello! same here too - at times, at least. usually i will just entertain her for a bit and once i see she's tired, i'll give her a pacifier (sometimes she doesn't want it) & hug her close to my chest or upright. it might take an hr but i'm not as frustrated as when she was only two-three weeks old as i'm used to the routine and now that she likes to communicate and smile. stick to your routine (she always had the same feeding & sleeping routine since born) so that she can get used to it and eventually sleep train them by then. sometimes, like last night, she sleeps after every feeding because she couldn't get her 7pm nap (due to visitors & their inconsiderate noise). just had to bare her fussiness and crankiness but as a reward, she sleeps every after feeding.

Read more

Did you feed in the dark and reduce noises to minimal? I fed mine in almost pitch dark, did not talk to baby during night feeds, no eye contact too, just feed, burp lightly (if cannot burp also nvm) then quietly place back to cot.