Concerns & hoping for some advice!

1) I’ll prolly be going for induction of labour. Currently at 37 weeks. Reason being - baby is too big. 2) as a first time mum, I really do not know how to push a baby out. Is this something that I should worry? And will it cause a negative impact on my baby should I not know how to push the baby out?

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

1) I was told my baby was big too and probably will have to go for a c-sect. Not my 1st baby & I wasn't worried because I know that baby's weight is just an estimation. He came out 35w6d at only 2.79kg via vaginal delivery (induced & gynae did a membrane sweep during labour to quicken the dilation). 2) Don't worry! There'll be your gynae/midwife and nurses to guide you when to push and when not to. You'll also automatically push when you feel the great urge to 'poop'. Important tip : Don't lift up your butt when you're pushing to avoid a big tear.

Read more
2y ago

and can i just add something.... in order not for u to lift up ur butt, place ur hands on ur ankles and grip them while pushing baby out... that will avoid u from lifting up ur bum2... 🥰