Steamed Chawanmushi with Scallops and Shiitake Mushrooms
- 2 eggs
- 3 small fresh scallops
- 2 shiitake mushrooms shredded
- 100 ml water
- 1 tbsp mirin
- Wolfberries for garnishing
- 1 coriander
- 1 pinch salt
- Gently mix the eggs in a bowl (do not beat the eggs till they're foamy).
- Add mirin and water to the eggs and stir well.
- Strain the mixture into serving bowls.
- Add scallops and mushrooms to the mixture.
- Prepare a double boiler.
- Add in all the ingredients and steam for 12-15 mins over medium heat.
- Sprinkle wolfberries and coriander and serve hot.
Please be mindful of any allergies you and/or your family may have before you try out this recipe.