Refreshing Turmeric Juice
No cooking required
- 200 g turmeric
- 60 g tamarind pulp (4 lemons can be used as an alternative)
- 4 tbsp pure honey
- Salt (optional)
- Glass jars to be used as containers
- Peel the turmeric and cut into pieces.
- Fill the blender with 500mL of water. Put in the turmeric and blend until it becomes paste-like.
- Transfer the paste into a pan and add in the rest of the water. Allow for it to boil in medium heat.
- Once it boils, add the tamarind pulp and honey. A pinch of salt is optional.
- Lower the heat, cooking it more for 15-20mins. Taste to check if you’ll need more sweetness. Add honey if necessary.
- Strain the liquid into glass containers and allow for it to cool.
- Serve hot or cold (I prefer it cold!)
Please be mindful of any allergies you and/or your family may have before you try out this recipe.