Mushroom, Spinach, and Miso Soup
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion , finely sliced
- 125 g shiitake mushrooms , finely sliced
- 225 g baby spinach leaves
- 4 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- 4 tbsp mugi miso
- In a large pan, heat the oil over low heat. Add the onion, and cook until soft, about 15 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms. Cook for 5 minutes. Stir in the spinach, then add the stock. Continue to stir for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the miso. Mix well to incorporate, then take off the heat. Do not boil the miso. Serve.
Please be mindful of any allergies you and/or your family may have before you try out this recipe.