Meatless Zucchini Lasagna
- 6 lasagna noodles
- 2 tsps olive oil
- 2 cups water
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 1 medium white onion , chopped
- 2 6 oz -cans of tomato paste
- 2 tsps each of thyme, basil and oregano
- ¾ tsp salt
- 3 medium zucchini , sliced thinly
- 1 egg , beaten
- 1 15 oz ricotta cheese
- Cook noodles following package directions.
- In a large nonstick skillet, sautee onion until it browns lightly. Add the garlic and cook for about a minute more. Put the tomato paste, herbs and water. Keep stirring as it cooks off. Bring to a boil and then lower the heat. Cover and let it simmer for 10mins.
- In a large saucepan, place the zucchini thins and then fill ½ in of the pan with water. Bring to a boil and then lower the heat. Cover and cook for 5mins longer. Drain and then set aside.
- In a bowl, mix the ricotta and egg.
- Put ½ cup of the tomato sauce in a 13in x 9in baking dish coated lightly with olive oil. Place 3 lasagna noodles and then layer with half of the ricotta mixture and zucchini. Top with cheese and the remaining tomato sauce. Repeat layers.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20-25minutes or until cheese bubbles.
- Let it rest for 10 mins before slicing.
- Makes 9 servings.
Please be mindful of any allergies you and/or your family may have before you try out this recipe.