Low Carb Beef Fajita
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1/4 cups soy sauce
- 1/4 cups lime juice
- 1.5-2 lbs skirt steak (or other beef or chicken easily cut into strips)
- 1 medium onion (sliced), or 15 medium scallions (green onions)
- 2 large bell peppers (sliced)
- 1 tsps chili powder (as allowed by doctor)
- Combine oil, lime juice, soy sauce and chili powder if using.
- Slice the chicken into about 1/2 inch slices
- In a skillet, mix the meat into the sauce mixture and marinate everything together in a bowl or a zip-type plastic.
- In a skillet, cook the meat first (make sure the strips are not over crowded). Add a little oil to the skillet and get it very hot to make the oil shiny. When the meat is browned, remove and set aside.
- Put in the veggies. When they soften, return meat to the skillet to heat through.
- Serve with guacamole, sour cream, salsa and cilantro. If observing your diet, low-carb tortillas are preferred.
Please be mindful of any allergies you and/or your family may have before you try out this recipe.