Easy Tomato Soup with Basil
- 4 cups tomato chopped
- 1 tsp butter
- 1/2 medium white onion minced
- 2 1/2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 cup cooking cream
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 8-10 fresh basil leaves chopped
- Heat butter in a saucepan. Sautee the onions.
- Add tomatoes and tomato juice. Stir well until it begins to boil.
- Lower the heat and simmer uncovered for 20 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Allow it to cool before transferring the mixture into a blender. Blend on medium speed for 1 min, while herbs, and spices. Puree until smooth.
- Return to pan and stir in milk on low medium heat. Serve hot.
Please be mindful of any allergies you and/or your family may have before you try out this recipe.