- 1 silkie chicken
- 3-4 litres water
- 10-12 red dates
- 1 inch root ginger
- Salt to taste
- Green onions chopped
- Wash the silkie chicken carefully to remove the impurities
- Add chicken in, ginger, and red dates. Load with 4 L water. Bring the content to a boil.
- Remove any floats on the surface (skip this step if you are using a high pressure cooker).
- Slow turn the fire and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add around 1.5 to 2.5 teaspoon of salt. Serve hot with chopped green onion as aromatics.
Please be mindful of any allergies you and/or your family may have before you try out this recipe.