Japanese Miso Soup with Scallions & Mushrooms
- 3 cups dashi stock
- 3/4 cup firm organic tofu cubed in small bites
- 3 tbsp white miso paste
- 1/4 cup chopped
- 1/4 cup shitake mushrooms chopped
- 1 tsp dried seaweed minced (optional)
- Pour the Dashi soup stock in a medium size sauce pan on medium heat.
- Add in the tofu, onions, mushrooms, and seaweed and let simmer for approximately 5 minutes.
- Take 1 cup of the soup stock and place in a pan with the miso paste to dissolve. Add this mixture back into the soup.
- Add a splash of soy sauce or Braggs to taste.
- Serve warm.
Please be mindful of any allergies you and/or your family may have before you try out this recipe.