My wife's gynaecologist told us that my wife would have to undergo a C-Section as the umbilical cord of my baby is wrapped around the neck. I don't want my wife to undergo a C-section as I am scared of the consequences. What should I do?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Dont be scared sir. If its for your wife and your child. Please just trust the doctor. I was on that same situation.. I was really scared of any operation until the day the got to deliver. I really tried my best to have a normal delivery but after 5hrs since my water broke and my baby hasnt moved out yet, my midwife advised to undergo cs operation bcos its getting dangerous.. thats when we found it he's cordcoil. 3 rounds on his neck. my baby was admitted for weeks bcos of he hardly breathe caused of too much trying for normal labor. so just trust the doctors, he knows what to do to make it easier for your wife and your baby..

Read more

Umbilical cord around the neck once is quite normal. Two or three rounds may post high risks of not getting enough oxygen supply for the baby which may damage the nerves and results in brain injuries. Most babies with cord around the neck can be born naturally. Doctor will unloop it as baby's head emerge. Close monitoring in labour is required. If baby's heart beat is found unstable during the birth process, your doctor will suggest the necessary procedure. If I may suggest, please seek second opinion. Find out which Doctor is experienced in handling such case. Choosing a doctor with skills helps. All the best to you.

Read more

Trust your doctor on that! Umbilical cord wrapped around the neck is definitely not the best situation to be in. Don't be afraid of C-section. The doctors performing the surgery are pretty adept at that. The only deterrent with C-section is that recovery takes a few weeks longer than normal delivery. However, at this point, the first and foremost priority should be the safety of your child.

Read more