Antenatal packages (KKH vs NUH vs SGH)

Hi, my wife is 9 weeks pregnant and under the subsidised route in KKH. We are planning to shift to private down the road as the wife has some gynaes in mind. We are trying to figure out which would be the best week to make the transition to private and whether the antenatal packages are indeed more cost-effective than per visit payments. For KKH I understand that there is an antenatal package starting from week 20 while NUH has a package starting from week 22. I have not come across any package from SGH. We are fine with shifting to private in week 28 or 30. Just want to know whether it's worth moving to private earlier in weeks 20 or 22 because of the packages. Thanks in advance. #advicepls #pleasehelp #firstbaby

11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I switched to private route with a preferred gynae after the first appointment at NUH during the early stage of my pregnancy as I’d like to be with a fixed gynae for every appointments & follow-ups. That way, it’s easier for me to clarify any doubts & personally, I feel, to switch at an early stage of my pregnancy, it gives me assurance along the way as I get to build rapport & trust with my gynae way ahead! The nurses & every other staffs took very good care of me even during my labour when I had to go through emergency c-sec!

Read more

Safer to go KKH or NUH as they have all the facilities/resources needed in case if an emergency. I'm seeing as a private patient in NUH and there is antenatal package (should be on week 22 onwards). This is my 2nd pregnancy and I'm still sticking with NUH as I have an existing medical condition which puts me at a higher risk so going to public hospitals will be a safer option. I think it is best to consider the health condition of your wife and if she is of higher risk or possibility of complications etc.

Read more

If u r worried for your wife better just be at KKH because they have all the medical facilities and if anything happens during labour they are prepped for it! As for private gynae(kkh/others) your gynae will show u detailed ultrasound, fetal heartbeat etc more private and personal than if u stay in subsidized route! U can also choose your gynae for example if u wan specifially women doctor But I only switch to private at 32-33 weeks because i didnt know the 'importance' of it

Read more

I'm on KKH private since week 15 and seeing the same gynae as my previous pregnancy. The antenatal package can only sign up during the 2nd consultation with the gynae and best to have it by week 20 as it's inclusive of the detailed scanning and glucose test. With the antenatal package, can save up 10-20bucks each consultation as I did a comparison with my previous pregnancy without the antenatal package.

Read more

I previously was supposed to see a gynae in nuh but because his apptments were packed so they told me to do my tests outside before my apptment wif him. So i went to private clinic to do and was torn between switching to nuh pte or just private in pte hosp. Was told i have to switch before wk 20 if i not wrong. In the end i stayed on in pte hosp..

Read more

I’m on kkh subsidised route at Week 30. V pleased with the doctor they assigned me. It’s the same every visit so there is consistency. There is no package for subsidised route. My friend is on kkh private. Her gynae advised that the package is not worth it. I will only change to private v near to delivery so I can go to Ward A class.

Read more
12mo ago

You can go to the admin blk at kkh, they will check the price for you (medisave, which ward blahblah)

I was on KKH subsidised route till week 32 and changed to KKH private and just did my week 35 scan and swab test. When switching to KKH private, I informed doctor that I would like to go for Private ward A during delivery.

We went to KKH and doctor advised against the package. Coz after calculations, not really cheaper. after changing to private, they’ll scan you at every appointment anyway.

I was on subsidised route till abt week 28 (in order to stay with same gynae,ivf route) after all major tests done and converted to private at kkh 2022.

My brother said its worth shifting after 20 weeks plus as there is a price diff in appts and scans!