First Trimester

Wife is 7.5 weeks pregnant and having morning sickness throughout the day which causes her to vomit several times in a day. The smell or thought of food just turns her off so much that she hardly eat, though she is still drinking water. Now she is also experiencing some chest pain and is feeling restless. Any mothers experienced it before and any remedies to help? Felt kinda helpless when i could not ease her uncomfort.

13 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My wife is also around 7.5weeks (EDD according to apps stated 25 Feb 2022, we need to check in with the gynae during upcoming visit). So far she did not vomit anything, but having constant nausea and giddiness. Small meals seems to be helpful, although it was only a few bites every meals. Maybe can try small and more meals so that there are at least some nutrients going into the body - that is my method for now. Honestly, I am equally feeling loss too on food choices, and I would rather splurge on every food which she feels like eating at this point. I am also worried, especially she told me that she had heart palpitation this morning after breakfast. Press on, dude!

Read more
3y ago

Yeah man, right now i am just trying to get her to drink water to prevent dehydration due to the constant vomitting. Just hope she eats abit even if its just a few bites. Have been trying to avoid buying food with strong smell back for myself as that may trigger her morning sickness even worst given both of us are WFH.

I experienced that too during my first Trimester. For as long as she is still drinking plain water it is ok. In first trimester I could only eat Khong Guan biscuits or bread. No spreads nothing because every scent was really off putting. You can try that. Anything dry. As long as she eats a little, it is ok. My doctor used to say "You try your best to eat what you can. The baby will know what nutrients to take from you." I do hope your wife hang in there and keep trying to consume even the littlest thing every day.

Read more

Hi there! Been there and still experiencing it though already in 2nd trimester :) What helped me during really bad days is eating plain crackers and other bland foods. Drinking fruit juice and 100plus/gatorade also helped me retain fluids from all the vomiting. Is your wife having heartburn? My gynae recommended to take gaviscon. Hope she feels better soon! Just be there for her :)

Read more
3y ago

Yes! Gynae would not prescribe something that's going to harm the baby :) Morning sickness is hard but she does not need to suffer. Hang in there!

Put some lemon in water if you can to get that extra vitamin. Try experimenting sweet or sour stuffs as either or both may help ease vomiting. Can be honey, or plum. Drink oats or porridge water. It helped me when my gastric juices turn aggressive on some days. Take care!

3y ago

Yea i will try the lemon water 😊

get some free maternity milk online n let her drink as substitute instead of eating solid food. I also didn't eat much in 1st trimester. just a few bite of small bread or some nuts

i experience some heart burn as well. did u try asking the gynae for some nausea medication? my gynae gave me some that are safe for pregnancy in case my morning sickness gets unbearable.

3y ago

The gynae gave her the medicine too for nausea so trying to get her to eat it without vomitting it out.

something that has helped me is eating dry and plain haitai biscuits that dont have much smell - hope it helps your wife too! also putting some lemon in water so she can get some flavour

3y ago

Yea gonna try the lemon in water method

You can ask your gynae for some medication to ease with nausea. It really helps. Also try to find some comfort food. Mine were saltine crackers.

Post reply image
3y ago

Yea the gynae gave her the medication for it

You may throw to buy some ginger tea or ask gynae for some stop vomiting. Actually to be true that vomiting is good as you know your baby is well.

3y ago

I think she not into ginger tea. Tried once but she could not take it.

Ginger tea or ginger candy is good, also can try n eat green apple with peanut butter if she cant consume food.

3y ago

Initially she still eats bread with peanut butter but now just plain bread. She ate apples too at times just to ease her hunger.