Remove mitten and keep rubbing

When did u start remove mitten for LO? I have removed hers for 2 weeks already but alamak she keep pulling her hair, ear and keep rubbing the face until got the red red mark. Anyone encounter same issue as me? My baby now 5weeks

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

i remove mittens once she turned a month old as she starts to recognise the strength of her hands and realised she actually....have hands 😂 have a nail trimmer and trim her nails almost every week or two to avoid scratches on her face. i personally don't like to interfere her growth or discourage her growth. as for booties/socks indoors, completely stopped at 5 months as she starts crawling so i want her to feel her feet and encourage her strength

Read more

I removed when he was 4 weeks. I wanted him to feel with his hands (sensory skills) as the nurse at polyclinic advised me to train his fingers and grip. He scratched his face with his nails twice on each side and rubbed his face with his hands, sucked his thumb to self sooth but so far still ok. mittens and booties cannot wear for too long.

Read more

I just let my baby wear the mittens. I chose the soft and mesh type so she can still sort of grab things. Stopped wearing them during the day when she’s about 3 months. She moves so much in her sleep, even now at 5 months, I still cover her fingers with the built in mittens of her pjs before she sleeps at night.

Read more

For me, I let my LO Wear mittens during night time (he wakes up lesser at night - 2.5 months old) , day time I’ll try to reduce the times for him wearing mittens so he can suckle on his hands to soothe himself, also, to feel new materials, as I’m ard, I can avoid him poking his eye, scratching his face etc

Read more

at 8 weeks old, she is more aware of what her fingers can or can't do, scratch lesser in the day, so when tummy time I will remove, or as they say under supervision. IFC say will not wear mittens

Didn’t wear mittens for my LO. Just cut her nails regularly 🤗

8mo ago

you can get the electric nail file type, super gentle and easy to do it when baby sleeping

potongkan kukunya