When can I start washing my kids clothes together with the adults' clothes?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It is recommend to separate it for at least a year. It is actually up to individual. If your baby isn't having any skin problems , you can wash together and you can even use regular detergent/fabric softener. I used the baby detergent for all baby loads for the first year or so and then switched to the regular mixed loads after that. Adult clothes are usually more dirty and it also depends on the industry the adults are working in. Like my hubby, he is from the waste mgmt and i washed his alone. I have a total of 4 kids, I washed my 3 elder kids clothes as 1 bundle and my infant separately as of now. I practically wash clothes almost everyday else alternate days.

Read more

It's up to personal comfort. Till now, i wash my kids clothes separately from the adults clothes. As i feel that adults clothes get a little too dirty/dusty (husband works in the delivery/warehouse side) My kids both have sensitive skin too, i do not want any unwashed dirt to further aggravate their skin.

Read more

My daughter is 3 years old and I still separate her washing with me. Only when I am away and my husband mix her clothes with his. However, we use organic washing liquid and it is not much difference. If you want to mix, I recommend to use organic washing liquid