postpartum belly binder

what type belly binder/bengkung is the best after giving birth and do i wear it straight after giving birth? šŸ„ŗ #1sttimemummy #advicepls

postpartum belly binder
5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

depends on the individu preference. i dont fancy the 3 binder because whenever i sit, it will somehow dig into my skin and it is very painful and sometimes it will roll down and isnt really comfortable. the traditional bengkung that i have is way much better. also if you have girdle, you can put it on the second day. i wore the next day when going home from the hospital because after 9 months of carrying someone and then none puts alot of pressure on my pelvis and i felt so empty and hanging. and got my post natal massage on the 3rd day and wore the bengkung all the way for 44 days and girdle for at least a year.

Read more
3y ago

yeap. get two if can. i wore the post partum size for the first week or two. (this is to not stress the body esp right after birth) and then the 1-2 size smaller after the first two weeks along with the bengkung. also by this time round, your belly would have alrdy shrink in size and not much water retention esp after the massage. so getting 1-2 size smaller is to help the belly to shrink even more and not get flabby plus on top of that you are using bengkong. it helps me alot to not have a very flabby stomach since i breastfeed my son and i drank alot of water. and i was still using tapel/ginger cream on my tummy before the girdle after the 7 days massage for 44 days tru a year (on/off).