Tips to replace coffee?

What can you take to replace coffee? I usually take coffee when I am sleepy pre pregnancy but now I avoid it.. Also avoiding teas and most herbal teas as a lot of them can stimulate th uterine based on reading articles online. Am in 6 weeks now... #tired

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I used to take coffee every morning pre pregnancy but avoided since pregnant. I do take sips of my husband's coffee though just to satisfy my cravings. Now in my 3rd tri so I substitute with tea instead. Just a cup/day. The caffeine in teas are not as strong as coffee so yes, can drink. Or Milo. I drink at least 2 small cold packets or a cup of hot Milo/day.

Read more
3y ago

I decided to mix cocoa powder with milk powder and it is helping! Thank you for the milo idea!

Try decaffeinated coffee? Sometime it's just the craving since you are used to having coffee. I have decaff coffee or cup of non caffeinated tea (try chamomile + honey from twinnings! ) , and lots of pocari sweat because I couldn't handle plain water during 1st trimester.

this is a good question... I cudnt find a substitute so I had to bear with the tiredness without my daily cup of coffee. towards my 2nd tri I drank green tea

VIP Member

After trim 1, your energy will be back so sleep more now and enjoy trim 2 as much as you can until the tiring trim 3 comes😅

VIP Member

Nothing. Pregnancy is tiring. Whether or not u drink that coffee, it's not going to help. All for bb love.

VIP Member

Actually, you can still drink coffee but limit to 1 cup a day. Drink lots of water instead. 😊

Take honey water.. 100 Plus.. Maybe it can help.

I switched to ginger tea with honey

Milo??