What are the items you put inside a party bag without costing a bomb? I am planning a birthday party for 40 kids in pre school. Appreciate your input.

42 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I have just finished our loot bags for a party on Friday. most of the items I picked were sweets from my childhood. You can put in snacks like mini cupcakes and biscuit sandwiches. Also, mini box of crayons and mini print-outs that they can color. Hope this helps and good luck!

I would not put in food or snacks because I can never too sure about the other kids' dietary restrictions or what their parents would allow/won't allow their kids to eat. So I'd probably stick to stationary, little trinkets or toys that I can buy in bulk and pack them in cute bags.

I will avoid tidbits as a think a lot of parents won't allow their kids to eat and the food will end either in the caregivers stomach or dustbin. Stationary, puzzles, notebooks etc from taobao are not that expensive but for 40pax added up still will cost some money

I get basic stationary set (pencil/ ruler/eraser/sharpener/small notebook) and hand held balloon for my kid's classmate . Balloon is cheap, nice and most importantly they love it . I try to avoid tibits nowadays cos their parents might not like it .

Small stationery or puzzle sets are good. You can buy from either qoo10 or from those ABC value dollar shops. I bought them at only 50c for each puzzle. Food items might not be such a good idea as some parents might not allow their kids to eat them.

As I parent, I dont like my kids to take sweets.. So sadly, the sweets that my kids get in those party bags goes to the bin.. So personally I'll pack stuff that can be used instead eg stationeries, stickers, craft materials etc..

Not sure what is your budget, you can consider this shop for a fuss-free solution: http://www.bagagoodie.com/may_specials The pack looks quite good and I was thinking if you are getting individual items.. may cost quite an amount as well.

Read more

There's some DIY stuffs over qoo10 or ezbuy if u have prime its not bad cos worth for the shipping fees. Can consider sticker book for example like as per attached. Depending on ur budget u can search around abit to your desire.

Post reply image

Maybe you can buy mix dried fruits in bulk then repack into smaller packages. Sweet enough for the kids but healthier than candies. Throw in a sheet of stickers and i'm sure they'll be delighted!

Want to get for birthday party? Here is the link for stationery popular cartoon set. from $1-$1.60 http://list.qoo10.sg/item/RESTOCK-KIDS-STATIONERY-SET-STATIONERY-SET-KIDS-PARTY-GIFT-BIRTHDAY/481950754

Read more