Private or subsidised?

What are the differences between the 2 and how will it affect daddy and mummy? Perhaps financially…

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

same as above. but subsidized now also appointment base. just need to arrive ahead of time to go all ur checks and the timing is to see the doctor. :) mine was pretty was for first visit at KKH under subsidized, took less than 1 hour. but to get subsidized rates, u need to get referral letter from polyclinic. which took me hours of wait. 😅 price wise. my friend said her subsidized route took a total of $2k+. private at KKH will cost more :) the breakdown can be found at their website!

Read more
1y ago

but we can claim medisave right? under MMP claim.. can check out at their website🙂

As you mentioned, top factor is budget. Subsidised - Cheaper. May have lesser ultrasound scans, no fixed gynaes, longer waiting time. Can only choose certain wards. Private - More expensive, number of ultrasound scans depends on different gynae. (For mine, it was one per visit but package was cheaper so yup.) Fixed gynae, schedules appointments faster. Usually private will go for one bedder (majority, not all.).

Read more