Birth control option

What birth control are you using and whats the side effect. I just went thru a traumatic birth and csect, would want to not get pregnant for atleast 2 years. And wonder which birth control has the least side effect

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

We only used condom and keep track of my ovulating days closely. I didn't want to mess up my body by using pills cz I have friends who have very bad acne and fast weight gain despite eating healthily and exercise regularly when she was eating the birthcontrol pills. My husband and I managed not to get pregnant for more than 2.5 years before we conceived our 2nd this year. If you have regular menses and able to live with making love using condoms all the time, I guess, u cld avoid being pregnant. But u and husband shld have a mutual agreement abt ur course of action incase an accident occurs. For me and my husband, we're willing to carry on with the pregnancy if I became pregnant before our intended 2 years gap. Btw I also had csect too for my 1st.

Read more

I took Liza, it's a birth control pill, for about 7 months. prescribed by doctor due to my severe period symptoms like cramps, migraine etc. I had minimal side effects with it except a lot of pimples for the first month. after 7mths, I decided to stop for health reasons (I wanted to regulate my period naturally). then within a month I got pregnant. so it didn't affect my fertility 🙏🏼

Read more

Yasmin birth control pills. bad side effect: bad migraines during withdrawal bleeding. good side effect: i used to have acne outbreak every period. on BC my skin was perfect!

I got a copper IUD inserted, worked very well for the two years. The only issue is that after removal it takes some time for the period to regulate again.

im not using any birth control..but just always remind each other