What are these bumps on lo's face? Is it acne? Rashes?

Post image
4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Baby acne usually clears up within a few weeks, but it can linger for months. If it doesn't clear up within three months, or you are concerned about it, talk with your doctor. Doctor may prescribe a mild medication if the acne is long lasting or severe. Do not use over the counter acne medicine. Do not scrub, too much washing can further irritate baby's skin. Do not put oily lotion as it can make the acne worse. Simply wash baby face with mild baby soap and water once a day and gently pat it dry. Baby acne doesn't bother them in the least, so try not to let it bother you.

Read more

It looks like heat rashes. Keep baby skin cool often Wipe baby face with lukewarm water and cotton after every milk feed as babies's skin are still sensitive. It is common for baby to also have baby acne. There is no need to see a doctor for it. All you need to do it keep the skin clean and apply a thin layer of lotion to moisturize the skin. I like the aveeno baby cream, It consists oatmeal which is good for dry skin.

Read more
Post reply image

It could be due to heat/milk rash. Try to wipe the cheeks with cooled boiling water as often as possible. I recommend Four Cow Farm's Calendula Remedy to apply after the wiping.

Post reply image

It could be milk rash. My friends use breastmilk to clear this up and they tell me it works wonders. The multi purpose magic of breast milk!