What age is appropriate for kid to have a cell phone?
Voice your Opinion
1 - 5 yrs
5 - 10 yrs
10 -15 yrs
> 15 yrs

2672 responses

32 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

The appropriate age for a child to have a cell phone can vary based on factors such as taskbarx.org maturity, responsibility, and individual family values. Here are some general guidelines that parents often consider: Elementary School Age (6-10): Some parents may introduce a basic cell phone for safety reasons when their child starts going to school independently. These phones may have limited features and serve primarily for communication. Middle School Age (11-13): Many parents consider providing a more advanced cell phone as their child enters middle school. At this age, children may have more activities, and a cell phone can be a useful tool for staying in touch with parents. High School Age (14-18): By high school, many teenagers have their own cell phones. This allows for increased independence, social connectivity, and the ability to manage responsibilities such as school projects, extracurricular activities, and part-time jobs. Before deciding on the appropriate age, consider the following: Maturity: Assess your child's level of maturity and ability to understand and follow rules regarding cell phone usage. Responsibility: Ensure that your child understands the responsibilities associated with having a cell phone, such as taking care of the device, following guidelines, and managing screen time. Communication Needs: Evaluate whether there is a genuine need for your child to have a cell phone, such as for safety, coordination of activities, or staying in touch with family. taskbarx.org Parental Controls: Explore the use of parental controls and monitoring tools to manage and restrict access to certain features, apps, and content. Family Values: Consider your family values and rules regarding technology use. Establish clear guidelines for appropriate cell phone behavior. Ultimately, the decision is a personal one that should align with your family's values and the individual needs and maturity of your child. Regular communication about responsible phone use and online safety is essential as your child grows and becomes more independent.

Read more

Hi everyone my name is Anna Eriksen i want to share my amazing testimony on how Dr Ayoba blessed my life, i have been playing lottery game for long now and i don’t usually win, i came across a testimony of someone testifying about how Dr Ayoba prayed for him and gave him a lottery game to play and he won big amount of money, so i also decided to try my luck, i contact him through his website and he assured me that he will help me, he told me it will take him 24 hours to pray for me, so on the after the 24 hours he gave me some lottery numbers to play and i went to play the game so on that faithful day i went to check the game to my greatest surprise i won a very big amount $434.2 million that changed my life and my status, i quit working as a sale girl in the supper market and i became a business owner. I want you out there to also contact him for your lucky game. You can reach him via his info below. Email: [email protected] or Website on http://Drayoolatemple.com

Read more
VIP Member

Would prefer to give them phone in upper secondary but during the entire sec 1 sch orientation. When the principal asked "who's children doesnt have a cell phone" i was the only one who raise up my hand. Ironic. And it was necessary to let them have one because they travel and i can contact them. But of coz they abuse the phone entirely! Sigh

Read more

At 10 I think it’s ok to have a simple phone that only allows texting and calling. I’d give my child an iPhone/ equivalent at 15.

In case they need to stay back in school, phone easier to contact & by this age they should be more responsible

Just for use sometime is Oky with age of 10-15 But their own is after 15

thanks

probably 9. for communication purposes

probably 9. for communication purposes

Basic phones for 8 year olds and up.