smaller than gestational age

Just went for detailed scan everything was fine only that the size of baby is smaller than average. Its my first pregnancy tho and im quite worried. Any other mamas gone thru the same and everything is fine?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Yup, my first pregnancy was like that. Only managed to “catch up” a little on baby’s growth on the last two months before delivery. Baby remains on the small end of the percentile for growth till now (almost three). But she’s healthy and hitting milestones timely or faster than average for some. Don’t be worried about baby’s size too much as long as he/she is healthy, mummy 😊😊

Read more
3y ago

Yes alhamdulillah. No additional blood tests was required. 😊 now with second pregnancy, baby’s more normal in size and I feel less worried. I guess as mothers we can’t help but worry about anything that doesn’t seem normal but rest assured, as long as baby is healthy try not to worry abt the size.

I'm at 37th week now & my baby is measuring on the smaller side too & weighting around 2.5kg. I think as long they are healthy, it should be fine.

Donwori its normal as this is still early development stage. Baby will grow during this stage. Eat healthy, hv gd rest & take ur supplement.

eat more healthy foods momma 😉