Hi Mommies..My LO weighs only 7.3kgs at 10 months.He s BM fed and is super active though

Is his weight normal? My MIL says my hubby also was more or less the same weight! Also..He can crawl superfast on his body.. and keeps just doing sit ups... he is still not willing to sit.. he can sit when we make him to.. and does not sit on his own and can't sit for more than 2-3 mins.. just wants to lie down and start crawling and wants to always hold on to me and stand!! Is this normal? Do I have to get checked with PD? #advicepls #firsttimemom

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
TapFluencer

Few babies skip or do certain activities little late. Some babies don't crawl at all and go straight to walking. However your baby is good at crawling and also attempts to stand by holding you which is a very important step to stand and to walk thereafter. Only problem is sitting which maybe he will learn in few days time. Try to demonstrate yourself how to sit down from the crawling position. You can even wait for a month, if not can check with poly or PD. About the weight by one year he has to be close to 3x his birth weight eg: if he weighed 3 kg at birth he should reach somewhere between 8.8-9kg when he is 12 months old. As he is already 10months hope you have started giving him solids, give avocado, baby yoghurt, banana, rice almost everyday or atleast alternate days as these contribute to weight gain. But weight gain depends on individual's metabolism and genes too. so don't worry much as long baby is strong and active

Read more
1y ago

thank u so much mommy!! a bit relieved:)

do you have normal checks with polyclinic? but it sounds normal.

1y ago

last check was at 6 months old. they said baby underweight cuz he was 5.2 I guess at 6 months :(