Baby movement with anterior placenta

Week 20 this week and was diagnosed with anterior placenta (not low lying) last week during detailed scan. How will baby’s kicks feel like? Not sure if I’ve felt it this far - this week I’ve been experiencing some tightness/sudden pain in my lower left and right abdomen. Also, the “pain” seemed to have moved near my belly button. Are those considered baby movements? #firstbaby #advicepls #pregnancy

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

I have anterior placenta as well and at about week 20 I hardly feel the kicks or movement from the outside but I can feel it from the inside better. because my baby tends to kick near my bladder. I do have tightness and mild pain around my belly and pulling pain of my belly button but I personally don't think is my baby kicking but the belly expanding. This is my first time pregnancy too but I would say I feel the strong kicks only after 22 weeks and since then I can recognise the feeling of kicks well. Every pregnancy is different though, some said felt they only felt it after 24 weeks so I think it just depends on our body structure also. hehe.

Read more

I have anterior placenta too. But I think it’s on upper right so I can still feel movement on skin on lower and left side. The inner movements feel like mini tornadoes or waves or rolls inside!

Hi! I have anterior placenta too! So i felt the kicks much later! And yes, at times i felt the belly button kana pull feeling

3y ago

Haha i assume. But sure is movements hhaaha. Ytd night i felt like she is wriggling! I tink i felt nearer to wk 23/24. Cannot remember! 😂😂