Covid Positive in 3rd Tri :(

Was having sore throat and feeling warm on Sat (no fever) but was ART negative. Went to see a dr the following day (Mon) and was prescribed preg-safe medicine. Don’t see a need to eat them as I feel that I have become better? And I’m tested positive today. Although symptoms are mild and almost gone, I can’t help but to worry when I googled online about the possible effects COVID has on 3rd-tri pregnancy - e.g. preterm labour, etc. 😩 Anyone has similar experience?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi dear, im having sore throat and flu and am ART positive and was prescribed pregnancy safe meds too. I took the medicine because my symptoms were keeping me awake at night! Look to call my obgyn if it doesnt get better because im worried for baby too

2y ago

Hey babe. I think you can call up your gynae to see what he/she advises. I called up my gynae and he suggested for me to monitor baby kicks.

It’s really not a big deal as long as you don’t have any secondary health issues and are fully vaccinated. Just keep yourself hydrated and monitor yourself baby as per normal. Get well soon!