My baby is just 3 days old

Just wanna ask mummies out there. How do you feel when your baby is just 3 days old and your mil already ask about bringing the baby back to her house.

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

avoid letting her visit as well you dont want your baby to be exposed to covid or any sort of virus. they have no immune system yet. tell her to wait. if anything happen to your baby theres nth she can do to give you back your baby

Ask her to visit the baby instead cause baby immune still not very strong should not go out at least till after confinement period. Not safe plus mummy should not travel out too until after confinement. You need rest.

If she wants she can visit but not too often as mummy needs to recuperate. I’d say once a week max and avoid going out too much during confinement.

I have just given birth and my bb is 3days old too. If I were in ur situation, I will tell straight to my MIL face. She should know and respect.

VIP Member

I would not agree and will be very angry with the request. Why can’t your MIL wait till your confinement is over or when baby is 1 month old?

2y ago

precisely. I cried when my husband ask me am I okay. I told him I'm not. Blessed he understand how I feel.

VIP Member

Totally can feel you. I was having confinement at my mum place and had to bring my baby to my MIL place when she was a week old. 😖

my mil actually came to visit his grandson instead of me bring him to her during my confinement period

pissed off. say you and baby in confinement and baby follows you, not her!

2y ago

agreed with this. 😔

VIP Member

Ask her, what’s so special about her house? 🙄

VIP Member

I will ask her to come visit baby instead