9 months baby girl

any tips how to let my babygirl drink plain water? shes 9months old alr but wouldnt drink even 30mls of plain water per day. even her milk, some days only 3-4bottles of 160mls, some times even unfinished. she eats small meals, up to x6 some days, minimum x3 a day. im worried for her growth bc its hard to follow thru her growth as shes at the smaller and shorter side for her age. last appt was when she was 6months and doctor said shes ok. next appt only in feb, she 1st year old alr. currently shes 9months, only 64cm height with 7.5kg. both parents are short in height. #advicepls #1stimemom

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

hmmm actually height follows parents' genes to a certain extent... I'm petite and my ex hubby also not very tall only 1.67m... so my boy also quite small in size and he's now already 13 years old coming 14 years old... actually u dun have to worry too much... u can give her tonics when she's much older during puberty for her growth... for now just have to make sure she's healthy and happy... she may be eating little now but appetite may increase quite a bit as she's growing... but water confirm must train her to drink... every hour gives her water... u can start by giving her a bit of glucose water... dun make it too sweet just a bit of taste will do... then give plain water interchangeably... just let her get used to drinking water and build up this good habit... anyway now she's already 9 months, shouldn't she be starting on solid food? Fruits has a lot of fluid and nutritious u can try... start training now if not later will be too late... hope it helps!

Read more
TapFluencer

keep offering if baby only drinks very little. let baby get used to it slowly. as for height wise maybe it's gene. usually baby girl will be smaller in size. different baby grow differently at different stages most importantly is they are healthy and hit all the mile stones

VIP Member

i use a spoon to feed my baby water when i give him food. for a start need to mix it a bit with his food. it took him almost 2-3 months to start drinking water willingly when eating.

VIP Member

I used syringe to feed my baby water! Somehow he loves drinking from the syringe and will look forward to drinking water. Then slowly change to sippy cup and now straw bottle.

VIP Member

Let her have a few sips using a spoon ? Maybe it could help ?