Any guide to quit smoking during pregnancy?

Even though I cut down a lot on smoking, the urge is still there and the withdrawal symptoms are quite unbearable! (A lot of nasal discharge) Any advise to stop slowly? #1stimemom #advicepls #pleasehelp #pregnancy

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hang in there mommy! The best solution is to go cold turkey, cutting down unfortunately just does cut it. I was a pretty heavy smoker before I found out I was expecting ie one pack in two days for about 12 years or so. Once I tested positive i just stopped immediately. I’ve been off it for 10 months now and got my husband to quit too! It is definitely tough but quite frankly i believe you are addicted to the habit of smoking ie one before and after meal etc. So perhaps you can consider substituting this routine for something else. After a while it will be your new routine and you’ll stop having the need to smoke. Good luck!

Read more
3y ago

It's really tough!! Been smoking for almost 14 years and almost a pack a day. Esp the first stick to start the day is hard to get rid of. But will try out new routine! Thank you~