Private OBGYN vs Subsidized Care

Hi there I’m currently seeing a private OB for my antenatal checks. We have been paying over $300 and $200 for the last two visits. Aside from the high fees, waiting time seems to take over an hour too even an appointment was made. Our doc was okay, 2nd visit he seemed rushed and didn’t made much effort with us except explaining that I’d need to take the Harmony test at the next appointment. After discussing with my partner, we agreed to get a referral to KKH for subsidized care. We will pay a little bit more to get the same gynae for subsequent visits. Just wondering if anyone made the change and if KKH is good? Compared to a private doc. Thanks!

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

actually if you are choosing the same gynae for all your appointments at kkh this is consider as private not subsided anymore. Only private able to have the same gynae for all visits. I am currently under kkh, as far so good for me. Waiting time isn't a problem as i don't think i waited that long, quite fast & efficient for all my visits. And for FTP, we thought that kkh is very professional and we don't even have to ask anything, doctor and nurses will let you know what you should do next, and all your blood test recorded in the gov app too.

Read more
3y ago

I understand and glad to hear that KKH has no issues so far. I’ve seen an article stating that prenatal check ups for 2nd trimester onwards you can have a choice to see the same doc for a little more. Subsidize est package is $400 and if you choose to see the same doc is $650. Private can go as high as $2000. So I’m not sure if that price is a privatized fee.

Personally seeing a pte gynae. I have not waited for an hour so long to see my gynae.. I heard many people who does not like kkh but i guess is up to individual. I had initially wanted to go for nuh gynae but after much interaction with my current gynae, i tink i m quite comfy n dont wanna change 😂

Read more