Ready for pregnancy

Is there such a thing as not being ready for pregnancy?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

YES! I’m not ready for pregnancy or motherhood. But we got pregnant by accident and my husband who wants a baby, talked me into keeping it. My baby just turned 1. And to be honest, I’m still not ready for motherhood. And it just traumatised me, motherhood, not pregnancy. So if you’re asking for advice/opinion, please please do yourself a favour and don’t be one if ure not ready! Trust me. I really hate motherhood, and I hate my husband for talking me into keeping the baby. Don’t get me wrong. I love my baby so much. But I do wish I’m still childless and be a mum when I AM READY. Cause trust me, even if everyone around u will support u and all, ure the mother, and u will be very involved, whether u want it or not. And it’s not easy if ure not ready or if ure reluctant to be one. Make sure ure ready, not the people around u.

Read more

Yes. This was me 3 years ago after married. Wanting to have the "honeymoon" period as we moved in to our own house and travelling. Was so irritated and sensitive when in law and relatives keep asking us/hinting us to have baby. But now realised there is no ending for travelling and honeymoon period is getting faded, like everyday going through same routine. Needed a new member to our family for another stage of our lives. Some couples are not ready due to financials. My friend told me she needs another few yrs to built up their financials and currently no plan for baby. We are soon mid-30s.

Read more
3y ago

I always hear people say there’s no such thing as not ready. Once the baby arrives, naturally will be ready.

TapFluencer

yes I wasn't ready my baby wasn't in our plan. actually when the baby is in you, your mother instinct will auto kick in and somehow you suddenly become super ready haha

Yes definitely