8 week no heartbeat

Is there still chance that the heartbeat is too early to detect? I dont have any bleeding...is it high chance a miscarriage? Anyone can similar experience before?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Is your menstrual period cycle usually longer than 28 days? Like 35-40 days for example. It is possible that it is 8-9 weeks from your last period but the ovulation happens late in your cycle so the pregnancy could be at 6 weeks or so, and quite a number of pregnancy could not detect heartbeat at 5-6 weeks. If you have no serious cramps and urine test is still showing positive, then stay positive and cheerful till your next doctor visit! Take care!

Read more
4mo ago

but the size is alr quite big 22mm, 8week + size

We are on the same boat.🙏🏻 I had my 2nd check up today and TVS shows our baby measures 10.9mm, GA 7 weeks 1 day but no heartbeat detected. Mine was via IVF and supposed to be 8 weeks 2 days today. No miscarriage symptoms at all as well, but i have been taking progesterone since FET. Will have to just wait & see on the follow up scan next week, but not having high hopes for me.🙏🏻🥹 I hope yours turns out fine.

Read more

Hi mommy. Normally, you should hear heartbeat at 8 months. But to make sure of this, you may request for an ultrasound with your OB

4mo ago

8 weeks , not 8 months lah lol 😆

Usually 6-7 weeks you can detect a heart beat. Nonetheless, don’t be fearful and visit the clinic again in a few weeks!

Wait to 10 weeks to confirm.. all the best