Covid jab

Hi there, I'm 31 weeks pregnant. Pregnant women's are advised to take the Pfizer jab or moderna jab? Which is better?#1stimemom #firstbaby #pregnancy #advicepls

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi! I took my first dose of Modena a few weeks before I got pregnant and second dose on week 14. Just slight fever which subsided in within 3hrs. Do some research and speak to your gynea first if you're feeling uncomfortable. I was concerned at first but I felt it would be safer after vaccination. Hope it helps!

Read more

My gynae said both Pfizer and Moderna are fine, however according to her Moderna have better protection against delta variant. Though my family took Pfizer, I’m the only one in the family took Moderna @ 36 weeks of my pregnancy. Now I’m 4 weeks postpartum, waiting for my second dose this Sunday.

My gynae didn't indicate a preference either. I just took Pfizer today because the dosage is smaller (the jab was over in less than 2 secs!) and I heard the symptoms are milder. 3 hours in I'm not feeling any different than usual.

i asked my gynae and she said both are fine. moderna has higher levels of antibodies, but comes with typically more side effects. pfizer has slightly lower levels but less side effects.

I took Pfizer. Mil took moderna and felt really sick whereas people around me who took Pfizer seems fine. So I guess Pfizer is better.

My doctor advised for Moderna. Took the first dose at week 32 (early this week) and waiting for the second on in a few weeks time.

Took first dose of Pfizer yesterday at 6 days post partum and did not exhibit any symptoms

I think the best is to consult your gynae.. My gynae suggested Pfizer

Pfizer would be better. Not as strong as moderna

I took Pfizer