Newborn Jaundice

Hi there, baby is 7 days old now and it seems like the jaundice has become more as I can see the white of eye turning yellow. So far he’s breast feeding well. Does the food that mummy take affect the child jaundice ? Can I give water to my baby ? #advicepls #firstbaby #worriesmom

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I don’t think mummy food will affect. My baby has low jaundice (100 during discharge) and was on mixed feeding. My hub will bring my nb down to sun tan for 10 mins (anytime from 7-9am), cover her eyes with cloth or cotton pads wearing only diapers. Went back to PD one week later (57). I wouldn’t give water to baby since it has no nutritional value to them and their stomach space is still quite small. So if you feed water to them, they may not have space for milk.

Read more

My baby's jaundice was high too, it was 295. doctor recommended that, i should give formula milk instead of breastmilk. was skeptical at first. but thank goodness i decided to give fm, and my baby's jaundice went from 295 to 30 in the 3rd jaundice checkup from poly.