Newborn milk bottles and anti colic

Hi, can someone share with me how many milk bottles and what size in ml to get for newborns? Abit overwhelm by teat sizes and anti colic functions. I saw Dr brown and phllips avent has anti colic function. Does it work? Thanks!

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I used both brands for newborn. For Avent, can start off with the 125ml bottle. They have a smaller bottle but I find it's not worth it as you can't use it for a longer time when baby's intake increases. If u intend to still breastfeed but use bottle for some feeds, u may need to buy the lowest level teat (Level 0 for 0 month) as this bottle comes with Level 1 for 0+ month if I'm not wrong. Was told by my LC tt lowest level teat is best for babies who are still breastfeeding as it has the slowest flow tt mimics the breastmilk flow. For me I got Avent bottles as a gift which I started using for my baby when he was 2 wks old. I only had about 3 bottles as I was mostly breastfeeding my baby, only bottle feed him twice a day. The Avent bottle didn't really help with his colic so I tried Dr Brown's too. It did help a bit somehow but aft baby reached 2 months, he somehow refused Dr Brown's bottle even when we increased his teat level. So we have stopped using Dr Brown and just Avent now. Much easier to wash Avent bottles too as Dr Brown's bottle comes with additional valves.

Read more
3y ago

thank you so much 💓