Fell sick while pregnant w23+

Sigh, fell sick with blocked nose and having bad cough with phlegm while pregnant, currently at week 23. Feel so guilty and worried for baby. Been 4 days, still not recovering. Only eating antihistamines med. Anyone fell sick and how long u took to recover? Any tips?#adviceplease #firstmom

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

hi mama! hope you'll recover well. just know that baby will be safe and well, in fact, when your body is fighting the virus and producing antibodies, your baby will receive the antibodies too! so your immunity is helping baby develop his/her immunity too! so in a way, while you are sick, your body has its way to protect baby. just rest up, dont stress about it, it will be all fine! (side note; I was very sick at the start of my pregnancy and I didnt even know I was pregnant then... it took me close to 1 month while on medication (that i doubt was pregnancy safe, but i didnt know i was pregnant...) I was on medication, inhaler etc due to lung infection. but my baby is now 3mths old and so healthy! growing super well too, she is so chubby now and happy ☺️ so fret not ok! sending you lots of virtual hugs, get well soon!)

Read more
1mo ago

Thanks for the reassurance and positive vibes! Constantly worried for baby and feel so bad for getting sick.

During my second trimester, I experienced illness for about a month, including two bad cough episodes that persisted, followed by contracting COVID. However, despite this prolonged period of sickness, I've noticed that my overall health has improved since then—I haven't fallen ill again, and my baby continues to grow well and remains very active in my womb. I also believe that my illnesses have helped my baby build up antibodies. So, stay strong, and everything will eventually pass. Jiayou!

Read more

First time mom here. Currently week 27 and down with blocked nose, sore throat etc. It’s been a week and not recovered. Haven’t been sleeping well and always out of breath 😔 one of the worst feelings ever 😭 Doctor advised to drink more water than usual, rest more and eat medicine on time. I also ensure I take vitamin c everyday to build my immune system. Anyway, do not self medicate. Do consult doctor for pregnancy safe medication.

Read more
1mo ago

Yes i did inform and did check with my gynae just to confirm.. but I’m thinking of seeing another doc again since I’m not getting better. What med did the doc prescribe u? Thanks!

VIP Member

I was sick 2 times so badly while preg too! But baby came out really strong! So that’s the last time u have to worry about. Just don’t eat any medicine on your own!

Just see a doctor and get pregnancy safe medication. I got Covid during the first trimester. My baby is born fine.

TapFluencer

🙏💕

👍