Infant care or own family member to continue taking care better?

Hi! Just seeking some advice and opinions whether getting own family to take care is better or put baby in infant care better... hmmm... While waiting for infant care slot, my mom actually quit her job to take care of baby. Now that infant care slot is available, would you all recommend to put infant care? Just a little background- my mom still work part time on those days we don't need her help (we try to be hands on parents as much as possible n we do give my mom allowance and she is alright to work part time too). Delimma now.. we already paid deposit of 2k for infant care though cos at that point of time they want us to pay to secure a slot Reason of delimma are - I work shift, and it started as early as 7am or as late as 11am, sometimes got to work PH too, no wfh option. My partner on the other hand work fixed shift and also can wfh 2 days but have quite a few online meetings here n there. When my mom take care she would come to our place and help out n once we end work we immediately take over.. it's easier as we don't need to wake baby up / pack or get ready to go infant care (around 30mins from our place).. . & I would say that my mom is still in her early 50s so I felt that it's still too early for her to stop work entirely just to help us take care of baby.

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I personally prefer IFC care too. main reason is to avoid the differences in parenting style…can confront IFC staff for any concerns with baby but on the other hand, it is challenging to confront own mother when things happen. Secondly, also agree that the age appropriate activities in ifc will help with bb’s social development.

Read more