Muslim mummy

Salam all Muslims mummy...for 1st trimester pregnant and in high risk pregnancy.. It's ok to fast?

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

waalaikumsalam warahmatullah sis. I wouldn't suggest if ur in first trimester as ur condition as a high risk, like myself. even in second trimester, I didn't wanna aggravate my gastric or heartburn again and i wanna be kind to my body who is working extra for baby growth. but I wake up prepare sahur, eat only when I really feel too hungry, cos every few hours we pregnant women tend to get hungry. then I will prepare iftar. I guess that's our ibadah for now since we can't fast. if u wish to, u may try, asalkan tak memudaratkan k. Bismillah.

Read more

Waalaikumsalam sis, I'm in my first trimester too. I had my gynae review last week and shared this journal with me. My morning sickness is so bad that it contributed to lightheadedness and i had an episode of black out last week. I managed to fast half a day yesterday. https://www.canva.com/design/DAE8S3Zyun4/jnD_1S3FR2IRLa2rUKI5MQ/view?utm_content=DAE8S3Zyun4&utm_campaign=designshare&utm_medium=link2&utm_source=sharebutton#4 I hope this article helps and may Allah ease our affairs.

Read more

Wa Alaykum Salam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh, It is always ok to fast for pregnant women (knew mommies who has succeed), provided you do not harm yourself and baby. Means do not force yourself if you know you couldn't make it for the day. Pregnant women may excuse themselves during Ramadan and it isn't a sin. Find out tips on how pregnant women managed to fast. 🤩

Read more

Waalaikumusalaam. it is actually better not to fast because 1st trimester is very crucial for you and your baby to get as many nutrients as possible. but of course it's better to ask your doctor. Good luck mummy. Happy Ramadan.🌙

Waalaikumsalam mummy. Agree with what the others has mentioned. During 1st trimester its better not to proceed with fasting as embryo is in devoloping stage & fragile state. Furthermore when its high risk. Also don't forget to get gynae's advice on it :)

Pls ask your gynea for advice. He told me that my baby is small so even now in last trimester i cant fast so that baby can get proper nutrients

please seek your gynae's advice. they will know how's your pregnancy doing and can advice accordingly. every individual is different.

hi better not cause 1st trimester risky and usually still will have gastric/vomiting etc. but can check with gynae.