Is it safe to use nebulizer for baby cough ? Anybody use then baby get asthma ?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Yes nebulizer is safe. In fact it should help to stop your baby from developing asthma rather than the other way round. Usually nebulizer is not prescribed to baby as the first round of defense though unless baby has loud heaving sound or difficulty breathing. If you let baby's cough go on for too long and too much phlegm she may develop bronchitis which will make them more prone to asthma later on. If your PD recommends the use of nebulizer I think he has reason to do so and it is safe

Read more

Yes, it is safe to use nebulizer for baby cough. Sometimes there is so much congestion in babies Ghat one has to get them nebuliser to decongest. Since babies are too small to take steam that one has to go for nebulisation. I too have done nebulisation for my baby when she was 4 and had real bad cough. It really helped her feel better and subsequent her cough was gone. And it is a solute baseless that nebulisation causes asthma. There is no link and logic to this.

Read more

Nebulizer does not cause asthma. But if got whizzing sound and you dont correct it, most probably they will diagnose them as asthmatic patient in the long run

Yes.. is safe to use nebulizer for baby cough.. my sis's girl is using and help her to ease her bad cough.. use it w the doc medicine is more effective...

Nebulizer is safe for babies and kids when they are coughing , if u feel scared you can bring ur baby to pd

nebulizer is safe for babies and kids.