Portable breast pump necessary?

Any reviews on baby express (or any other) portable breast pumps? I alr have S1 & considering to get a portable pump so that I can use it whenever I am out with my first child. But I’m not sure if it’s worth to even get a portable pump because my yield is not as much (even feel like giving up now , it is just my third week w a newborn 😭) Idk why the supply jus wouldn’t cross over 100ml (combined) each pump sesh ☹️

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi! With regards to your milk output, please do not be discouraged, there are ways to increase the supply! Maybe you could go for a breast massage to unblock the ducts? And also try taking lactation cookies/brownies/granolas too? I’m currently trying milkforbubs you can try to search them on instagram! And 3-4 hourly pumping is important, that way it sends signal to your brain that your body need to produce more milk and oh! Keep yourself well hydrated :)

Read more
1y ago

No worries! Maybe just give yourself another couple of weeks to power pump? Who knows the supply would increase by then? Goodluck!

Im in my second week with a newborn and I’m using baby express be nude, works well but I have never used other brand before. What I like about it is that it’s quite simple to wash and assemble. And the WhatsApp helpline is very useful. Just msg when in doubt.

1y ago

I find it easy to wash, only 4-5parts

TapFluencer

I'm using baby express also. Simple to use and easy to wear and really hands-free! Output is good also, same as the pump at the hospital.

1y ago

BTW, on another note.. regarding your 2nd paragraph, I recommend getting in contact with BMSG if you haven't! They've given me so many useful advice regarding breastfeeding and pumping. The counsellors also helped me have hope and not give up when I was struggling! https://breastfeeding.org.sg/counselling/