Any mummies went for csection under GA?

Planning to do elective csection under general anesthetic as I hate needles and I don’t want to risk bad back aches from epidural. Is the process more dangerous/risky? Eg. bleeding a lot

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I undergone emergency c-sect and had GA as well because the epidural that I chose to take while waiting for normal delivery did not fully kick in when they cut me open and I could literally feel excruciating pain on my lower right abdomen. No issue waking up after the operation. Just groggy as usual. I’m almost 4 weeks post-partum and realise I have this terrible pinching ache right at my tailbone everytime I stand up after sitting down. I’m not sure what it is, guess I need to check it out.

Read more
3y ago

The area feels numb even until today. I dare not look at my wound though it is clean and dry. And now they don’t stitch it from the outside, everything is inside so your wound is just a line. I had steri-strips on my wound which keeps it together so that it doesn’t open up and the nurse at the hospital removed it like removing scotch tape from your skin. I thought it was gonna hurt like hell but no, it feels just like removing plaster from your skin. The wound area is totally numb. My incision is 15cm cause my baby is a hefty 3.7kg at birth, while others have smaller incision. Please please standby a binder to use right after c-sect when you can already walk. Adjust accordingly cause you don’t want your freshly cut opened and raw tummy to be moving everytime you move/walk around. Use it every single day until you can manage without it. Recommend you to drink Polleney Essence of Black Fish as well to heal the wound inside and cleanse all the blood out. It is disgusting, no doubt. But i

I had GA as I went through emergency c-sec. I had difficulty in breathing when I woke up. Requested to use my nasal spray and it helps me to clear the blockage of my nose, so that I can breath. Had swollen face and eyes(lasted for couple of days). Think I have allergy reaction to GA. (Which happen to some people)

Read more
TapFluencer

I was told that GA will damage some brain cell. best choice is epidural. I had epidural c sec nope it's not painful I do not have back ache like my other friends I guess it should be how strict are you during confinement.