Postnatal massage

As a person who does not usually enjoy massages, is post natal massages necessary for recovery of the womb? Is it effective ? How many sessions and who did you engage? Or did you not do it and you still managed to recover just as well

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I underwent csec, so my massage was done 3 weeks after birth. By then, my water retention was gone, and my uterus was halfway shrunk, so weight wise, I didn't notice a difference. But I requested for the masseuse to focus more on the tummy instead of other parts since no water to push out alrdy, and it did help with my tummy a little bit. Wish I was able to do it when my water retention was bad though,the massage would have helped move the water out faster

Read more

I also dont like massage and dont enjoy because of the pain but i dont regret getting postnatal massage after my delivery! I had csect and my tummy was so sore and as per masseuse my womb was at a very low position. After the massage, my body felt better, tummy less sore and womb is in the right position! I did 7 days and almost wanted to extend to 10 days. Maybe you can try 3 days first? I got tmb_nora

Read more

my sis recommended me to go for it and provided me the contact. I went for 7days session and ended up extending to 10 days. my tummy really flatten alot and I lose 8kg so far (also coupled with eating right and pumping out BM lol). To me I think it's effective...

3w ago

any recommendations?

i think up to individual. i didnt get any massage pre and post delivery for my 1st pregnancy. i still recovered well. wats most impt is to do a gd confinement and i think this is gd enuf.

For myself all 3 deliveries it helped me. I took 5 sessions. Some can get 3 session depend on body. My mother in law does postnatal massage so we engaged her. 😀

I’m 7 months pp and without postnatal massage. So far so good