My parents in law insist that I might overfeed my baby so they reduce from 110ml to 80ml. Is it true that I may overfeed my baby? Baby used to drink every 2.5h, 110ml. Now baby is drinking 80-90ml (cry then give milk). Baby drink lesser but next feed is always 3-4h.

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Babies are smart, they will not starve or overeat - but crying is a sign that your child is already too hungry so crying is the last resort for them! Some hunger cues can be sucking their thumbs/hand, smacking their lips, being cranky/impatient etc. The amount defers for every child and different age, so there's no fixed formula on how much your child should be drinking at each age - but probably just a guideline on the maximum/average! Other than that, just let baby drink how much he/she wants - they know when to stop themselves :)

Read more

I don't believe that babies can be overfed. They will stop when full. I don't see how a baby can be force fed. So the best way is to let baby drink as much as he wants

I tot it depend on baby weight? Last time my PD gave me a math formula to calculate how much to give baby based on his weight but I lost it...

Please let the child drink. They will drink till they are full. There is no need to reduce the portion.