Breastfeeding

Hi parents,my girl is 3wks old and she drinks about 80ml EBM every 1.5-2hrs and at night she takes 80ml formula which last her abt 3hrs or so. Is this too much? It seems that breastmilk makes her hungry very quickly and I'm not sure if shes being overfed

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

It’s fine for 3-4 weeks old baby takes 80ml. As Long Not over 90ml.. Unless if baby keeps vomiting, take smaller feed, can adjust it. Burp often too. Yes bm makes baby hungry easily. 2nd month onwards then you slowly increase again. To 90-100ml. As Long Between 120-150ml. Not over 150ml for 2months old. ( not all babies drinks same amount, follow your baby’s cue )

Read more

Yes! Breastmilk is digested really quickly due to it's high water content! I direct latched my girl so I'm not sure how much milk she actually drank during her early days but now at 5 months, she still feeds on EBM every 2 - 3 hours. When she doesn't have enough milk, she would immediately cry for more so that's when I know I have to increase the amt per feed

Read more
Super Mum

BM is easier to digest than formula thus breast fed babies tend to feed more frequently