BFN today, followed by bleeding 😭

Not sure if it’s chemical pregnancy or period. There are just too many confusing overlapping symptoms. . So dejected. How long did you all try to conceive before a BFP? My periods are regular and both husband and I have zero health issues.

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

babe, don't be dejected thou I know it can be disappointing every month.. I've been through that phase.. I have regular periods and I would consider myself relatively healthy and I thought getting pregnant would be an easy feat. i was wrong.., it took me three fertility checks over three years plus with 3 fertility doctors to find out that mine was a case of unexplained infertility. both me and my hub went through the test. I tried tcm, ovulation pills, 1 failed IUI and IVF cycle only to conceive naturally when I was about to start on my next. if you're under 35, can actively try on your own for 1 year. Monitor your cycle and use Ovalution Predictor Kits to maximise your chances! quite a number of my friends conceived using OPKs to track their fertile period. jiayou!!

Read more

I have very regular period and I track my ovulation very closely. Despite that, it took us more than a year before we got our BFP… I know how you feel, seeing your period come every month. But do not give up on hope. However, even if you both think your health have no issues, there may still be underlying fertility issues that you may not know until you get checks done. If you’ve been trying for 6 months or more, I suggest you pay a visit to a gynaecologist. All the best and baby dust

Read more

No harm consulting fertility doctor if you have been unsuccessful for 6mths to a yr onwards.. thats what me and my husband did and we are both healthy but turns out each of us have underlying issues and we went for iui and ivf and i was blessed to have conceived and delivered a healthy bb girl on my 2nd ivf attempt. Though i also made effort for tcm, eating healthy, losing some weight and taking alot of supplements 3months prior to my 2nd ivf attempt.. I wish your TTC journey all the best!

Read more

On top of what all the mummies have mentioned here, I think most importantly is not to stress yourself, mentally and physically. I used to think how not to stress and that the idea of “you will conceive the day you stop trying” is kinda irritating. But true enough, the month I stopped stressing over - I had ample sleep and didn’t bother too much about using ovulation kits - is the month I conceived. Jiayou!

Read more

I tried for 3 months and just tested positive on the pregnancy kit recently! My periods are very regular too. We tried to time our attempts (around ovulation) but we also used this lube called Preseed. You could try it! If nothing works after some time, you and your husband could get some tests done with a gynae (that’s what my friend did!). All the best *hugs*

Read more
Super Mum

Hugs. Try for at least 6 months and then consider seeking some help. You can do some homework on basal body temperature and period tracking to help determine your peak ovulation period. And get ovulation kits. Sometimes the body tricks us with symptoms which are similar to period. If after all these, can go to a gynae for help or Tcm.

Read more

Tried for 6 months and i got a miscarriage at 4 weeks plus. I'm pregnant again 2 months later, currently at 8 weeks plus. Doc said baby is good. You can use ovulution test kits to watch out your ovulution period. I did went for fertility checks & tcm too. Dont give up!

Try for at least 6 months if you are above 35 Yro before going to see doctor to do health checks. Physically healthy doesn’t mean u can conceive naturally because there are so many underlying fertility issues that u won’t know until u get it tested.

i think it could be ur period. dont stress abt it, i had a chemical pregnancy as well in Apr last year.. 3 months later i was pregnant. the chances of getting pregnang aft a chemical one is relatively high, so dont worry!

I second that. How can we differentiate cp or period? Are there any super mums here who can enlighten us?