First time C Sect

Hi, is it normal to have swollen feet after C section surgery & can you guys share the recovery process Thankyou ! #firs1stimemom #worried

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Swollen feet after a C-section surgery are a common occurrence due to the body's response to surgery and general fluid retention. It is essential to stay hydrated, elevate your feet when possible, and avoid standing or sitting for prolonged periods to help reduce swelling. Gentle walking can also promote circulation and help with recovery. The recovery process after a C-section varies for each individual but typically involves rest, pain management, incision care, and gradually increasing activity levels as advised by your healthcare provider. It's crucial to follow your doctor's instructions, take prescribed medications, and attend follow-up appointments for monitoring your recovery progress. If you are experiencing severe swelling, pain, or any concerning symptoms, it is important to contact your healthcare provider for guidance. Remember to take it easy, prioritize self-care, and reach out for support from your healthcare team, family, and friends during this recovery period. #worried #csectionrecovery https://invl.io/cll6she

Read more

Hihi! It's normal and should go away within 2-3 weeks postpartum, otherwise do check back with your doctor! I couldn't fit into any of my slippers and shoes for about a week 😹💀 What helped me was elevating my legs when I sleep, wearing compression stockings almost all day, and drinking lots of water and tea 👌 you can also rotate your ankles when elevated or gently massage them if there's no pain - these help with circulation.

Read more

Hi! I am also worried at first..my swollen feet swell down after 2 weeks of c sect birth..