Spotting at 5-6 weeks pregnancy

Hi. Is it normal to have spotting within 5-6 weeks of pregnancy? Im due for a check up by Oct 15 which is 2 weeks from now. Just want to know if this spotting is normal or what do i have to do? Only symptom is this and back pains. Hope anyone can help me. #firsttimemom #firstbaby

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

At week 7, I’d a clot of blood (abt the size of 20 cents) coming out while I peed. I really thought I miscarried but KKH scan at urgent womens clinic found my baby’s heart still beating! My gynae told me to stay calm if the spotting or bleeding is very little, stops by itself and most importantly painless. She said that bleeding is normal for most first trimester. If I’m fearful or I can sense this is not normal bleeding, I can always come in to double check. I’m at week 9 now - baby still growing well 😍

Read more
2y ago

Wow this helps relieved my thoughts! Thanks for sharing co-mommy! Enjoy your pregnancy journey and always take care. Mine’s painless too and about 1-2 little drops only yesterday and now gone. So I’m just being extra careful, you should too 💕

I had spotting too so i went to KKH. Dr gave me 3 choices- 1) observe 2) blood test 3) hormones pill

2y ago

Thank you for your response. I see, this seems to be normal but of course it is important to have a check up. Thanks and stay safe always!