Is multiple spit ups normal

Is it normal for baby to spit up milk multiple times a day? Sometimes few mins after milk sometimes even after an hour or two. Sometimes small amount sometimes medium amount sometimes big amount. But not Merlion vomit kind. When gg out always have to stanby atleasy 4-5 bibs

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Dont worry mumma…its very normal..my preterm baby spits after every meal during her initial days …she spits up to 15 times a day …sometimes it will come out from her nose also…i was very worried at that time by seeing her suffering like this…she gradually as the time passed she outgrew herself …so dont panic…until your baby spits yellow or vomiting forcefully…

Read more

Yes it’s normal as their digestive system still WIP (work in progress lol). My 1 month old baby will spit up milk too - sometimes small amount, and sometimes quite a lot. There was once she spit up after we burped her too. She is still gaining weight and has good appetite.

It could be reflux or gassy tummy therefore the milk spits. My #2 I regularly massage, feed different position and continue to burp. I change milk bottle too. She stops milk spits from 3/4 moth onwards.